Friday 30 September 2016

Home Learning
Friday 30th September

English - This week I have written my own version of how I think daddy fell into the pond. The problem is I have forgotten to add in any adjectives. Can you fill in the gaps in my ‘daddy fell into the pond’ story in order to describe the nouns I have used?

Maths - I have stuck a sheet in your home learning books asking you to name the 2D shape being described. Don’t be fooled by the picture and use the shape names down the bottom to help you.


Spellings - I want you to learn these and expect to be tested on them but I’m not going to say when. You will have 5 spellings a week to learn and your tests could be on any spellings from any week!

What have we done this week





















In English this week we have been looking at the poem ‘Daddy fell into the pond’ by Alfred Noyes. The pictures you can see above are of us painting pictures of the colours and images that we got in our heads when listening to the poem. Each table had a different stanza of the poem to focus on and so our pictures at the end of the lesson told the story of the poem through colour and our imaginations.

English is again featured in the second lot of photos for this week as we aimed to use the discussions and pictures we created on Wednesday to help us turn the ‘Daddy fell into the pond’ poem into a story. The task was to come up with our own versions of how we think Daddy fell into the pond and, at the end, a lot of us were keen to share our ideas with the rest of the class.

The final lot of pictures this week show our Maths lesson from Thursday when we were sorting shapes based on their number of sides, angles (acute, obtuse or right angle) and lines of symmetry. We also now have a good way of remembering the difference between acute and obtuse angles and I’m sure that all of us in class 3 are happy to share this with anyone who asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment